Thursday, September 07, 2006

Today is the last day of my job. Weird. Wild Thing goes to pre-school next week.

It's also the first day of school for our school district. I didn't even realize it. The kids got up and went downstairs to play just like usual, I woke up a little later (aren't my kids nice?), and I looked out the window, and there were parents everywhere. We live right near the public school, right in the path of most of the walkers, and all the parents park on our street to drop off and pick up.

For a second I felt sad. Like he's missing a rite of childhood. The first day of school, backpacks and new pencils and teachers. For a minute I felt the jitters of "Am I doing the right thing for my kids?".

Then, as I was cleaning the kitchen I hear Thing 1 talking to Wild Thing about God's house, they were "discussing" which was better, the church or heaven. It was cute!

Yes, I am doing the right thing for my kids, we haven't started "school" yet, since the last of my curriculum order is not in yet (and I really have to get off my fanny and lesson plan).

I have worked out my DD's dance class and my bible study (They were at the same time! ACK!)Wild Thing's mom will take Thing 2 to dance class on the days I have Bible study. The girls have dance class together once a week, I could have changed Thing 2's day but since the girls will not see each other so much, I really wanted to keep them together for dance. So that is worked out.


I think it's time to play with the girls since this is Wild Thing's last day with me.

No comments: